VISUAL TOOL FOR PRODUCT / BRAND POSITIONING
IPI combine the benefits of a non-verbal projective procedure, in terms of content, with the methodological merits of a standardised and validated testing tool.
IPI serve to establish both the conscious and unconscious emotional attitudes and motives that lead to differentiations – however subtle – between brands or products.
With the help of IPI we can shed light on the hidden emotional areas of conscious and pre-conscious (concrete dimensions) planes, while also picking up parts of the unconscious level (fundamental, emotional relations).
From a comprehensive image database, suitable visual motifs are assigned to the dimensions relevant to the respective project. Both dimensions and images are subjected to qualitative empirical validation for Western and selected Asian markets.
The images represent the basis for the software with which respondents can create an individual collage on their own.
In a computer-aided survey, the respondent spontaneously selects suitable and appropriate images that address the rational, more conscious level, as well as pictures that reflect the basic emotional aspects.
The analysis – standardised just like the data survey – shows
- the selected characteristics of brands / products as registered by the respondent,
- the emotional dimensions as measured by standardised means,
- the standardised comparison of different brands or products.
The main benefits of IPI lie in the fact that
- it is more difficult for respondents to guess at the intention and significance of the procedure’s results,
- it becomes more difficult for respondents to exert any rational control over their responses and
- it allows registration of respondents’ basic motives, desires, attitudes or mental images that would otherwise never have been brought to light due to conscious or unconscious censoring.
Main dimension: high quality and possible stylistic variants of this